- Diet: Scavenger. Needs veggies and calcium supplement in their food. See our Pleco Bark in the food section!
- Social behavior: Wanders around the tank looking like it “hops” like a rabbit! Nocturnal so expect to see the most activity at night. May bury in substrate.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Sulawesi Indonesia
- Average adult size: 4-6 inches
- Average purchase size: 1 – 3 inches
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° – 84° F (22° – 29° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 9.0, due to their shells, they need hard water. In soft water, the shell will degrade.
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons for a pair, but a larger tank is required for a group
- Bad Habits: May nibble on Java Fern
What I Love About This Fish:
- Beautiful spiral shell
- Hardy with plenty of personality and a fantastic face
- Possible to breed in the aquarium
- Compatible with many other species in a spacious tank