- Diet: Carnivorous. A variety of high-quality dry, frozen, and live meaty foods is necessary for optimal health and coloration.
- Social behavior: Congregates loosely in mops. Males can be territorial when attempting to spawn. If fed small enough food, fry will grow in tank.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Gabon and Congo, Africa
- Average adult size: 2 inches for males, 2.5 inches for females
- Average purchase size: 1 – 1.5 inches (2.5 – 3.8 cm)
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° – 84° F (22° – 29° C)
- pH: 6.0 – 9.0, tank-raised specimens are more flexible regarding pH level
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons for a pair, but a larger tank is required for a group
What I Love About This Fish:
- Beautiful spots and colorful tail
- Hardy with plenty of personality
- Possible to breed in the aquarium
- Compatible with many other species in a spacious tank
This striking killifish, Aphyosemion Australe Cap Esterias BSWG 97-24 is a favorite for new and old killifish keepers alike! Males are particularly colorful boasting beautiful red spots with a beautiful orange and purple stripe along its fins. As with most killifish, females do not have the color patterns, but they make up for it in personality!
Feeding the Aphyosemion Australe Cap Esterias BSWG 97-24 is simple as they are an unfussy eater. They prefer a carnivore based diet as their natural food is bugs! High-quality dry, frozen, and live meaty foods are an excellent choice of diet. A quality and varied diet is key to keeping them looking their best. The fish you are purchasing have been fed a high quality diet including baby brine shrimp. Please ensure you have some prepared for their arrival. They may NOT eat flake food right away.